At the University of Warsaw Library took place one of the greatest and most prestigious conference presenting scientific research on innovative business processes: the 9th Annual EuroMed Conference: Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Digital Ecosystems. This year’s edition (14–16th of September) has been the first time organised in the Central European region: Warsaw guested 200 representatives of academia and business from 32 countries. During the 6 parallel sessions various research areas were discussed, such as digital economy, marketing or international business and management.
The Conference Inauguration was chaired by Prof. Katarzyna Śledziewska – Executive Director of DELab UW.
Representatives of the conference sponsors welcomed the participants with speeches:
- Mariola Belina-Prażmowska – Pelion SA,
- Bartłomiej Żerek – Adamed Group,
- Sebastian Grabowski – Orange Poland,
- and dr Marek Prawda, the Head of the European Commission Representation in Poland.
The Inauguration was honoured by Prof. Maciej Duszczyk, the Vice-Rector of the University of Warsaw and Candace Johnson, the President of EBAN (European Business Angel Network). EMBRI (EuroMed Research Business Institute) was represented by Prof. Demetris Vrontis and Prof. Yaakov Weber.
Here are the photos from the Conference Opening:
The EuroMed Conference is of global importance for research on innovative economy. It has been the greatest event organised under the patronage of Ministry of Digital Affairs, the Ministry of Economic Development and the Ministry of Science and Higher Education so far. The conference was also a unique opportunity for Polish enterprises to join the international network and cooperate with research institutes, universities and companies.
The conference was accompanied by additional events, with the aim of strengthening the cooperation between the world of science and business
- a one of a kind workshop given by Candace Johnson („The Missing Link”) on the cooperation between startups, scientists and corporations READ MORE
- the unique Match-Making Event organised by the Enterprise Europe Network, where academics and firms could network READ MORE
- The Alley of Polish Innovation, where 23 innovative Polish startups presented their products and technology READ MORE
More about the conference: www.euromed2016.com