The subject of the second episode of the next season of the Network Effect podcast is autonomous vehicles. We are already seeing prototype vehicles being tested – not always successfully. The autonomous vehicles tested by Uber failed precisely because of the human factor – the lack of reaction from the driver, who in an autonomous vehicle is not always in charge of controlling the ride. So are autonomous vehicles a pipe dream from the future?
The episode’s expert is Paweł Gora, President of the Quantum AI Foundation, who answers questions from Dr. Justyna Pokojska about:
- the biggest obstacles to the development and commercialisation of driverless cars,
- the timeframe prospects for when we will start using these types of cars on our streets,
- the issues that determine trust in autonomous vehicles,
- the difficulties facing autonomous vehicles,
- the issue of liability in the event of a collision or accident – who should be liable in such a situation,
- the prospects for optimising traffic with the help of autonomous vehicles.