The topic of the fifth episode of the second season of the „Efekt Sieci” podcast is online shopping and the ins and outs of the documents and contracts that govern the flow of goods and services. From a consumer perspective, everything is trivial – you click, pay, wait for the goods to be delivered. However, the whole process requires the existence and observance of strict regulations. Why should we, as consumers, care?
The expert for the episode is Dr. hab. Magdalena Słok-Wódkowska, legal analyst at DELab and assistant professor at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw, who answers questions from Dr. Justyna Pokojska about:
- the legal and economic sources of price differentials for the same products and the moments when a product cannot be purchased in a given region,
- regulations, contracts that stand behind our online purchases,
- institutions that regulate international trade – how does this process work? Are these meetings of important men under flags or a natural, almost daily process of regulating certain spheres of cooperation?
- barriers to purchasing goods and their legal sources,
- access to public data and the regulations behind limited access to data,
- the situation of the digital giants with regard to data transmission limitations,
- the question of duties and taxes on data – is it possible to saddle the digital giants with them?