The topic of the sixth episode of the second season of the „Efekt Sieci” podcast is fintechs, which are innovative financial technologies and platforms that offer high-tech financial services to consumers. They have been growing at a rapid pace recently, influenced in some way by the coronavirus pandemic. It is now possible not only to pay online, but also to take out a loan, exchange currency or compare prices between different shops. Which way will fintech development be heading?
The episode’s expert is Dr Katarzyna Niewinska, head of the FinTech Executive Program at the Faculty of Management, UW, who answers questions from Dr. Justyna Pokojska about:
- threats to banks from advanced financial technologies and the prospects of fintechs replacing traditional banking in the near future,
- elements that make us do less and less transactions through banks and more often click (even unconsciously) on links to payment platforms,
- projected development directions of fintechs and insuretechs,
- the impact of the digital economy and the accelerated digitalisation encroaching on various areas of our lives on the declining popularity of banks,
- the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on financial market development,
- research results of Polish and foreign fintechs
- local platforms such as BlueMedia and AllegroPau are other Polish fintechs that have conquered the world,
- the difficulties faced by policy makers and users themselves in dealing with the rapid development of financial technologies,
- the transparency of fintechs and their public perception.