The topic of the eighth episode of the second season of the „Efekt Sieci” podcast is the foresight method. This innovative forecasting of the long-term future pinned its hopes on the fact that a structured discussion makes it possible to build development scenarios successfully. What is foresight and what are its effects for planning our social environment?
The episode’s expert is Prof. Wojciech Dziemianowicz from the Faculty of Geography and Regional Studies of the University of Warsaw and substantive coordinator of the Foresight specialisation at the University of Warsaw, who answers questions from Dr. Justyna Pokojska about:
- a definition of the foresight method,
- the assumptions of „social” future-making and the methods and tools that make it possible,
- differences between foresight and traditional space planning,
- examples of specific scenarios prepared with this method: in Polish cities and regions, but also in the social space,
- the effects of the foresight approach and the determinants that allow us to know that we are dealing with „visionary” rather than simple planning,
- the sources of the idea to teach foresight at the UW and the areas in which students will operate after completing their specialisation.