The topic of the twenty-second episode of the second season of the „Efekt Sieci” podcast is genetic algorithms. When we think of genetic algorithms, biology immediately comes to mind. Is this a good clue?
Expert knowledge and extensive research experience is shared by Dr. Paweł Napiórkowski, Deputy Director of the UW’s Environmental Heavy Ion Laboratory, who answers questions from Dr. Justyna Pokojska about:
- the definition and application of genetic algorithms,
- the possibility of comparing this type of intelligent decision-making to artificial intelligence is it a similar mechanism and can we count on their „self-learning”?
- ways of translating the design achieved with this method into, for example, building design,
- the advantages of genetic algorithms over other types of algorithms,
- limitations on the use of such optimization tools,
- challenges faced by algorithm developers/researchers,
- the direction of development of this branch of science.