The topic of the twenty-second episode of the second season of the „Efek Sieci” podcast is job automation. 5 years ago, we heard alarming predictions about the automation process that would lead to job cuts of as much as 40% of the workforce. Meanwhile – we’re all working. Is it the analysts who got their calculations wrong, or are we simply missing the impact of increasing automation?
Expert knowledge and results of her research are shared by Satia Rozynek, a DELab UW analyst and PhD student at the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University of Warsaw, answering Dr. Justyna Pokojska’s questions about:
- occupations that should be worried about losing their jobs,
- ways of operationalizing the automation process,
- techniques for measuring the exposure of specific occupations to automation,
- a scenario where technology merely complements our work, but does not replace it,
- ways to describe the automation process,
- regional regularities and the division between automated and human-based areas,
- employment security in Poland in comparison with other countries.