Online anonymity allows us to do more – but are we really crossing barriers? Or are we still being ourselves online and engaging in interactions just as much as we do in real life?
DELab UW analyst Dr. Maja Sawicka (WS UW) talks about our online interactions and the results of a study of online forums for women who have experienced miscarriage, answering questions from Dr. Justyna Pokojska about:
- our identity online – are we the same, just less so, or do we even allow ourselves to be „ourselves” more because of the anonymity?
- the level of engagement in online interactions, compared to the „real world”,
- manifestations of shame in digital interactions,
- interaction mechanisms that can be seen in forums for women who have experienced miscarriage,
- sposoby regulacji zachowań w przestrzeni cyfrowej,
- ways of working out interaction mechanisms in spaces that are not entirely legal,