The UN World Commission on Internet Governance has formulated two scenarios for the development of the Internet: the growth of cybercrime and the Internet of Inequality: limiting access to the Internet to selected countries and societies. Does this mean the end of the Internet as we know it today?
Agnieszka Stecko-Żukowska, a doctoral student from the Interdisciplinary Doctoral School at the University of Warsaw, will talk about the discourses around the future of the Internet and the results of her research into the narratives of future technologies, answering Dr. Justyna Pokojska’s questions about:
- practical scenarios emerging from the expert’s research,
- the impact of the pandemic experience on reflections on the future of the Internet,
- the attitude of societies and communities towards future technologies,
- the possibility of defining the Internet as a social resource,
- narratives about the future of the Internet,
- the chance of scenarios in which we are condemned to the hegemony of the digital giants and the web as we know it,
- the announced «battle» between decentralisation and recentralisation of the internet.