18 million Poles already have a Facebook account. Our average monthly activity has been estimated at: 3 comments, 11 post likes and one share. What does this data say about us in terms of the ways we communicate and the evolution of communication we experience every day? What can we learn about communication models from the wishes we make on Facebook to our friends and… brands?
Dr. Izabella Ławecka (Faculty of Polish Studies, University of Warsaw) talks about the results of the analysis of wishes made by Facebook users and communication models, answering Dr. Justyna Pokojska’s questions about:
- the characteristics of modern network communication,
- other forms of communication that we can observe today,
- Facebook wishes – are they a different aspect of communication than traditional ones?
- the emotional charge of wish-granting networks and wishes granted to … brands,
- models and unusual phenomena in contemporary network communication,
- the impoverishment of communication as a result of its transfer to the web and its sometimes reduction to pictorial writing,
- the state of network communication – our main mistakes and shortcomings that we allow ourselves.