We look forward to hearing more about the development of autonomous vehicles. Driverless cars have the potential to revolutionise the way we get around town, allowing us to save time. However, there are many questions surrounding their implementation. Among them – safety moral dilemmas and the real risks of cities being paralysed by hacking attacks.
Łukasz Nawaro, an analyst at DELab UW and a PhD student at the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University of Warsaw, talks about the fascinating challenges related to autonomous vehicles and the implementation of new technologies, answering Dr. Justyna Pokojska’s questions about:
- real threats connected with implementation of new technologies in our lives,
- technological, legal and moral risks related to AVs in urban traffic,
- hyper-rationality of vehicles and its consequences,
- research on the morality of machines,
- obstacles and brakes to the development of AVs,
- beneficiaries of the development of autonomous vehicles.