We most often associate new technologies with computers and smart devices. We are thus missing out on an extremely important area of new technology, namely diagnostics and the area of human well-being. In the next episode of the podcast we lean into the innovative field of research that is optometry.
The secrets of optometry and new technologies for better and faster diagnosis are discussed by Dr. Eng. Rafał Brygoła ( Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw), answering questions from Dr. Justyna Pokojska:
- a definition of optometry, its fields of study and its differences from ophthalmology,
- innovative technologies that are already being used successfully in optometry,
- the way in which new ophthalmic artefacts, including retinal, are created,
- the possibility of restoring patients» sight,
- the aims of one of the more feminised faculties at the University of Warsaw, namely the European studies of ophthalmic optics and optometry, as well as the opportunities open to its graduates,
- unexplored areas where optometry faces the unknown.