In the last 7 years, 4 times more cryptocurrencies have been created in Poland than there are traditional monetary units. In theory, each of us can be a creator of a cryptocurrency. In practice – most such projects fall very quickly, verified by market laws. What does the cryptocurrency market look like, who sets the rules on it, and who obeys the laws of cryptocurrency ecosystems? This is discussed in the next episode of our podcast.
Damian Zięba, a PhD student at the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the University of Warsaw and DELab associate, talks about the cryptocurrency market, its actors and laws, answering Dr. Justyna Pokojska’s questions about
- the definition of cryptocurrency and its types,
- the end of „digging” bitcoin,
- the purpose of bringing cryptocurrencies to life,
- prospects for cryptocurrencies in global finance and business,
- the secrets of token operation,
- factors determining the value of cryptocurrencies and the actors influencing their course,
- actions that can be taken by an ordinary user who owns cryptocurrencies,
- new types of cryptocurrencies and how they can be used in business – e.g. non-fungible tokens (NFT),
- details of the Carbit project, based on NFT.