The Vatican does not shy away from the internet – Pope Francis already has 18 million followers on Twitter, his predecessor, Benedict XVI, was once seen on a YouTube channel, and those interested could get a virtual postcard from the Vatican on Facebook. How does this look in minority religions and communities?
Dr. Justyna Pokojska’s guest is Dr. Marta Kołodziejska, assistant professor at the Faculty of Sociology of the University of Warsaw and a DELab UW analyst, who talks about the results of her research as part of the NCN project Beethoven and:
- the ways in which the Church has dealt with adapting to the digital revolution,
- the process of mediatisation of religious communities and its course,
- trends and patterns that can be observed in „two-speed mediatisation”,
- profile and portal creators – are they just media professionals?
- the aims that religious communities place on media activity,
- the impact of the pandemic on religious activities in the media,
- similarities and differences between communities in the UK and Poland,
- issues that are not addressed by the media of religious communities,
- media audiences.