On 28 October, a declaration was made to create the Metaverse: an internet connected to virtual reality (VR). When will it be created, what will Facebook’s new reality look like and what benefits will we derive from it as users?
DELab UW analysts Dr. Wojciech Hardy, Satia Rożynek, and Michał Paliński talk about virtual reality, answering Dr. Justyna Pokojska’s questions about:
- directions in which the new virtual reality experience is heading,
- the reasons why the declaration was made just now,
- promises made by the creators of Metaversum,
- the premise of Mark Zuckerberg’s promised „feel like you’re there”,
- the chances that in the future our online interactions will be more natural, thanks to virtual reality,
- a place for „experiencing” as we know it in the analogue world,
- the assumptions of the work done in the Metaversum and the possibilities offered by the virtual money earned,
- the purpose of platforms where we can buy virtual items for real money (e.g. Roblox),
- the potential users of virtual reality conceived in this way,
- experiments with the use of VR.