In the next episode, we revisit the use of virtual reality in science and what we as scientists can use VR for. Previous episode to listen to on our website.
Dr. Dorota Celińska-Kopczyńska (Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics, and Mechanics, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Economics, University of Warsaw) talks about VR in the context of the metaverse and the consequences of users» immersion in the virtual world, answering Dr. Justyna Pokojska’s questions about:
- consequences of users» presence in the virtual world,
- moving without a mental image of space, i.e. without emulating movement,
- areas where VR can be safely used,
- the technological infrastructure needed to support VR and the main inhibitors to development,
- areas where VR can help solve problems,
- applications of VR in epidemiology,
- assumptions of deep motion,
- cognitive difficulties of VR,
- the directions in which virtual reality will take,
- HyperRogue’s player experience.