The presence of virtual technologies in people’s daily lives has had a major impact on the ways in which we explore and discover the spaces in which we find ourselves. It is increasingly rare for us to leave the house or turn on the computer without a clear goal or destination to reach. What is the future of flaneuring in the city or online, with the sole intention of exploring and enjoying what we see?
On flaneuring, exploring, and visiting different spaces, not only in urban space but also in the virtual world in the next episode of the podcast speaks with Dr. Natalia Juchniewicz from the Philosophy of Technology and Communication Laboratory at the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Warsaw), answering Dr. Justyna Pokojska’s questions about:
- the meaning of the term „flaneuring”,
- ways of exploring the Internet and the city,
- flaneurings in urban space,
- factors influencing the choice of place,
-spaces in which one flaneurs,
- ways of looking at our surroundings,
-the future of flaneuring in the age of digital media development,
- safety during urban wandering,
- the impact of technology on the flaneur phenomenon,
- applications that allow us to immerse ourselves in our surroundings.