The main goal of this report is to introduce an online tool that facilitates the exploration of key technology challenges and related policy issues. Based on a text-mining
methodology, authors have examined and identified the specific topics discussed in a wide range of written media shared on social media platforms.
They focused on six general umbrella topics:
- Environment, Sustainability & Resilience
- Decentralising Power & Building Alternatives
- Public Space & Sociality
- Privacy, Identity & Data Governance
- Trustworthy Information Flows, Cybersecurity & Democracy
- Access, Inclusion & Justice
For each wide topic, interactive maps present clusters of articles covering related issues, enabling the discovery of problems, opinions and recommendations for solutions. With expert analysis, they have tagged and named these clusters on the map, supporting further analyses by the users. In order to showcase the potential of the tool, authors have prepared a deep dive for the umbrella topic „Access, Inclusion & Justice”.
The reports provides insights on the challenges and solutions related to:
- Open Internet (access to the Internet, control over infrastructure, censorship and content moderation)
- Inclusive Tech (gender and racial equality, inclusive education, legal tech)
- Ethical Tech (algorithmic bias, military and surveillance application of AI, gig economy.
More about study and report: https://ngitopics.delabapps.eu/index