The topic of the eleventh episode of the second season of the „Efekt Sieci” podcast is the Digital Europe program adopted by the European Union. It provides for a substantial amount of EUR 7.5 billion from the EU budget to be allocated for digital transformation. What does this mean for Member States and are funds available to any citizen who comes up with an innovative idea?
The expert of the episode is Dr. hab. Magdalena Słok-Wódkowska, legal analyst at the DELab UW and assistant professor at the Department of European Law at the Faculty of Law, University of Warsaw, who talks about the EU budget from the perspective of digitization and answers questions of Dr. Justyna Pokojska about:
- the justification for devoting so much money to digital transformation at a time when it is already happening before our eyes,
- the reasons why digitization is so important to the European Union (and why only now?),
- beneficiaries of the EU program – whether they be citizens or international institutions, setting strategies and actions,
- examples of activities that can be funded by „Digital Europe”,
- how to apply for funds and how to make them accessible to any EU citizen with an innovative idea related to digital transformation.