The topic of the thirteenth episode of the second season of the „Efekt Sieci” podcast is protecting users» rights from the digital giants» crushes. Are we completely helpless in this fight and does it even make sense to assert our rights against Big Tech.
The episode’s expert is Dr. Iga Małobęcka-Szwast (Faculty of Law, UW), who answers Dr. Justyna Pokojska’s questions about:
- the opportunities for users to effectively resist the actions of digital giants and the tools to do so,
- the ways in which platforms „exploit” their customers/consumers – on the other hand, the ways in which we can defend ourselves against them,
- institutions protecting consumers» rights and data online, e.g. when we are concerned about the security of transactions or the handling of our data on digital portals,
- the fine print in the regulations – what we can do if we have questions about the provisions,
- way of asserting our rights against the digital giants,
- the ways in which Big Tech protects itself from possible user allegations of infringement.