The topic of the nineteenth episode of the second season of the „Efekt Sieci” podcast is start-ups. The story of Mark Zuckerberg, the creator of the iconic Facebook, does not need to be introduced to anyone today. His student start-up, as the social networking platform he created should be called, was founded in 2004 while Mark was a student at Harvard. Today, it is used by nearly 2 billion people a day. Can we expect similar success by UW students?
Expert knowledge and her extensive experience in mentoring start-ups is shared by Aleksandra Wozniak (Incubator UW), answering questions from Dr. Justyna Pokojska about:
- UW students» promising start-ups,
- the popularity of this form of entry into the business world among students,
- the journey from business idea to its implementation,
- institutional support in the process of setting up your own business – with whom can the student consult his/her idea?
- ways of verifying the idea – how to know that the idea is worth realizing, and possible to implement,
- sources from which young people can raise funds to implement innovative ideas,
- the differences between student and „adult” start-ups.