The conclusions of an experiment conducted by Joanna Stern, based on functioning for 24 hours in the Metaversum – the reality that Mark Zuckerberg announced earlier this year – are ambiguous to say the least. Facebook’s virtual reality is both an interesting experience and a mass of dilemmas.
Whether we are ready for life in virtual reality, what consequences does immersion in virtual reality and the world of digital experiences have for us, and whether the project has a chance of success are discussed by DELab UW analysts: Dr. Wojtek Hardy, Satia Rożynek and Michał Paliński, while the rhythm of the broadcast is set by Dr. Justyna Pokojska’s questions about:
- our readiness to enter the world of Metaversum,
- the time horizon marking the inevitable arrival of the technological progress promised by the Meta,
- the reasons why we are hearing about the Metaversum right now,
- the appeal of virtual reality,
- the GAFA conspiracy in the context of expanding markets,
- the issue we need to prepare for as users, even before we enter Facebook’s reality,
- the consequences of refusing to join the Metaversum,
- the continued existence of life outside the new reality, and whether we will reflect, for example, on the issue of privacy,
- koszty dla użytkownika,- the costs to the user,
- regulations and regulators of the new reality,
- the challenges of the Metaversum.