There is more and more talk about the metaverse – both in terms of how it works and our transition to the virtual world, and the ethical implications of creating a new reality. Few people realize, however, that the metaverse, whose creation was announced in October by Mark Zuckerberg, is based on the concept of a blockchain metaverse. How do these concepts differ?
Łukasz Jonak, an analyst at DELab UW and head of the Social Machine project, talks about the cryptocurrency, cryptoprocesses and metaverse, answering Dr. Justyna Pokojska’s questions about:
- the phenomenon of the market selling things that don’t physically exist for money that is also virtual,
- the differences between the blockchain metaverse and the vision proposed by Facebook,
- the advantages of the blockchain metaverse,
- the changes brought by the entry of commercial brands into the metaverse,
- the purpose for which users buy stockenized goods,
- regulations of the blockchain world and the metaverse,
- stablecoins and their mechanism of operation,
- the challenges facing the blockchain world in 2022.